Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in College Park
Providing Debt Solutions in Stockbridge, College Park & Atlanta
If you are not eligible to file for Chapter 7, you may be able to file for Chapter 13. Considered as a reorganization plan, Chapter 13 bankruptcy consolidates your debts into a much more manageable repayment plan. Our College Park bankruptcy lawyers at The Bankruptcy Law Group LLC can help you determine if you are eligible for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Once we confirm your eligibility, we can meet with creditors to ensure that your interests and rights are protected.
What You Need to Know About Filing
- While it takes longer than the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process, Chapter 13 bankruptcy is just as effective
- You pay back creditors through a repayment plan of monthly installments
- Your lawyer can help you negotiate a fair repayment plan
How to File for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
For guidance with any of the steps below, reach out to The Bankruptcy Law Group LLC. Our bankruptcy lawyers are ready to help analyze your debt and determine if this option is right for you.
To begin filing for Chapter 13, you must:
- Collect any documents relating to your assets, debts, or income such as copies of credit reports, tax returns from the last 4 years, bank statements, etc.
- Take inventory of the property you own. Some of your assets may be exempt from bankruptcy laws!
- Analyze your debt and determine what type of debt it is (credit card debt, medical bills, etc.)
Benefits of Filing for Chapter 13
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a valuable option for those residing in Atlanta, Stockbridge, and College Park to reorganize their finances and manage their debts in a more feasible way. The following are some key benefits of Chapter 13 bankruptcy that are specifically relevant to individuals in these areas:
- Avoid Foreclosure: Homeowners in Atlanta, Stockbridge, and College Park who are struggling with mortgage payments can use Chapter 13 bankruptcy to stop foreclosure. Through a repayment plan, they can catch up on missed payments and keep their homes.
- Stop Collection Efforts: Chapter 13 bankruptcy can also prevent collection attempts by creditors through phone calls, letters, and lawsuits. This can provide much-needed relief from the stress and anxiety of dealing with creditors, especially for those who are having difficulty making ends meet.
- Flexible Repayment Plan: Chapter 13 bankruptcy provides a repayment plan that is flexible and tailored to fit your budget and financial situation. This can be especially beneficial for residents of Atlanta, Stockbridge, and College Park who may be facing high living expenses or limited income.
- Asset Protection: Unlike Chapter 7, Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows people to keep their assets and devise a repayment plan that fits their budget. This is particularly important for individuals in these areas who may have valuable assets, such as a home or a car.
- Improved Credit Score: Although bankruptcy can have a negative impact on credit score successful completion of a Chapter 13 repayment plan can demonstrate to creditors a commitment to paying off debts and can lead to an improvement in credit scores over time.
I Analyzed My Debt. What Comes Next?
After you have analyzed your debts and have determined that filing for Chapter 13 is best for your financial situation, you must complete the first credit counseling course approved by the Department of Justice.
A fee may be applicable, but it may be waived if you are eligible:
- Complete the bankruptcy forms.
- File for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and pay the filing fee. This cannot be waived.
- Send documents to the bankruptcy trustee.
- Attend the 341 Meeting of Creditors and the confirmation hearing.
- Keep up with the repayment plan
When you are finished repaying your debt, you will need to complete a second debtor education course before receiving a discharge of your debt.
Reasons To Choose Our Firm
- We provide free bankruptcy consultations
- We have an extensive track record of success
- We are available around the clock to our clients
- We are backed by over 15 years of experience
- We prioritize the satisfaction of each of our clients
- We also prepare our clients for life after bankruptcy.
Emergency, Weekend & Evening Appointments Available
We realize that many of our clients are busy, often juggling multiple jobs to provide for their loved ones. To better serve our clients, we offer late evening and weekend appointments to accommodate their schedules. Because the need for trustworthy counsel could arise at any moment, we also offer emergency legal services to our clients. Our clients are our top priority, which is why we treat them with the utmost respect and professionalism.
Speak with our College Park Chapter 13 Attorneys!
As soon as you reach out to us for help, our legal team will carefully assess your financial circumstances to determine how you should proceed. We can take care of all the details and paperwork so you don't have to feel overwhelmed by the process. Our firm proudly serves clients near College Park, Stockbridge, Newnan, and the surrounding Atlanta area.
We Have The Answers You NeedOur skilled legal team would be happy to address each of your questions and concerns.
Live Your Life Free of DebtTake the proper steps today in order to receive the financial guidance you need.
Schedule Your Free ConsultationWe will offer you the personalized financial solutions that you need and the supportive assistance that you deserve.
Ms. Butler was very professional and knowledgeable. Anytime I had a question, she was able to answer and when she wasn't sure, she did not guess. She found out the answer promptly and made sure I was prepared. I would recommend her service to anyone. Her entire staff was courteous and reassuring. We need more like her.- Tanya
Stacey Butler helped my husband and I gain financial freedom. She was very upfront and even went beyond the call of duty when it came to our home. I will send others to her if there is a need.- Kimberly
When I first met with Ms. Butler, I was a nervous wreck and uncertain about my financial future. She assured me that every thing would be OK after looking at my situation. Her smile and cheerfulness also helped to put me at ease. She really knows her job! With her help, I can now sleep at nights.- Robert
I formally and publicly commend Stacey Lynn Butler & Staff for the excellent service they provided to me. In my opinion, the level of service that Ms. Butler extended to me was far beyond my expectations. Ms. Butler extended her service pro bono still treating me like a paying client. Really demonstrated a lot.The process did not take long at all. However, in this case I was so impressed by the support and service provide by Ms.Butler and her communications specialists that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. These people truly deserve it. In an era where exceptional one-to-one customer service excellence has virtually disappeared from our industry, the work that Ms. Butler and her team did should be held up as an example for others to try to emulate. Really Ms. Butler very personable and really cares about the situation at hand. I never worried she was all ways very informative and very knowledgeable and answer every question with a pleasant smile. I have to say it was like a Angel sent to me . I did not have money to afford services . So by her donating her services really help me from sleepless nights, Then even going step further putting in a motion for the courts to waives they fees as well. I was walk to the process with every question answer. Every phone calls all ways answer on the same day . The staff is so friendly and took time out to walk to the process as well. I highly recommended Ms. Stacey Lynn Butler so well grounded other words down to earth. Again, I want to thank her again and the staff for the lovely work.- Ms. Parker
n these days and times, with so much negativity in the world, it is rare that we take the time to show appreciation to those who improve, enhance, help, encourage and go above and beyond in their choice of occupation. Today, I am writing to each of you to say THANK YOU. From the very first phone call to inquire about bankruptcy, to the timely updates on my case, filing my case so quickly and meeting with me to explain in detail how the process works, to the representation at the 1st meeting to confirmation, I have been impressed and awed beyond measure. I was extremely hesitant about filing for bankruptcy but from day, but no one judged nor admonished me. Instead, I was given a positive response for taking responsibility to take care of my debt and worked diligently to choose my best option. From that day, every one was timely, professional and caring. All calls were answered or a return call by the very next morning (even weekends), email responses within what seem instantaneously and always with care and concern. Ms. Stacey and her entire staff (in my case - Lionel, Ms. Tracie, and Ronald) are WONDERFUL !!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I have and will continue to recommend this Law Group to my family, friends and co-workers. I know they will be in grand hands.- Anonymous
I have recommended the bankruptcy team several times! Thanks for being there even when it wasn't a part of your job. Her assistants were AWESOME as well!!!- Sam
I would recommend this Lawyer 100%. All of them are excellent at that office: *They offer affordable payment plans. *They explain everything about what you are about to file. *They respond every concern or question in a fast manner. Excellent, kind, polite, very professional, great manners, fast response to every email and phone call, excellent communication between each of them and client (me). They are simply AWESOME!!!- Tamara
I was hesitating about filing bankruptcy, Stacey Butler, Lionel Kennedy and staff from the Law Group made it very easy and comforting for me. Even though, I had a small issue, they helped me to find the way. They are very prompt to answer any question, I would say they are extremely professional. They gave me hope during the whole process. I did not feel I had a lawyer, I can say I had a friend. I WOULD RECOMMEND STACEY BUTLER TO ANY ONE WHO NEEDS HER SERVICE!!- Daimari